How to Meditate: Heartful Meditation and the Higher Self
How to Meditate With Heartful Meditation
As a spiritual healer and meditation coach, my process of teaching clients how to meditate varies according to the individual needs and experiences of my client. The one thing that remains constant in teaching someone how to meditate or deepen their current meditation practice is to begin each meditation by establishing an open, two-way connection between the mind and heart. This is what I frequently refer to as Heartful Meditation.
There are perhaps thousands of different ways to learn how to meditate. Whether you’re a beginner or have been meditating for years, finding a meditation practice that works best for you is the key to your ultimate success.
Heartful Meditation and the Higher Self
Communicating with your Higher Self occurs when you become present with your heart (the sanctuary of your True Nature). As you begin to learn and practice Heartful Meditation, you start to sense and feel information from your Higher Self in a way that is much different than how you typically communicate through spoken or written language. I have more details about the practice of Heartful Meditation in my book, Mastering Manifestation.
Heartful Meditation is a Higher Awareness within us
that everyone has the potential to tune into.
The more you become present with the moment, and bring a sense of joy and wonder to your meditation practice, your mind and heart unite in the bliss of recognizing the presence of your Higher Self and the Divine Within.
Heartful Meditation can easily be incorporated into your everyday life. It is something that everyone has time for, no matter how busy your schedule; and can be done in minutes if that is all you have time for.
How to Practice Heartful Meditation and Connect to Your Higher Self
- Consciously give your mind permission to take a mini-vacation from all of the stress and worries you hold within. This may include your to-do lists, judgment of self or others, anger, anxiety, depression, frustration, physical illness, financial or career problems, guilt, regret, and even expectations.
- Make sure you are in a place that makes you feel peaceful so you can take your attention away from what is going on around you and escape for a few minutes.
- You can sit or lie down.
- Close your eyes and place your hands over your heart. Take a few deep breaths and release any tension you may be carrying in your body. Focus on relaxing your forehead, face, jaw, shoulders, and back.
- Keeping your hands on your heart, become present with each inhalation and exhalation as you continue to slow and deepen your breathing.
- Now, imagine and feel the peaceful presence and energy of your heart. Tap into that feeling of pure, unconditional love your heart holds for you as it nourishes and supports you every moment of every day.
- Continue to focus on the feeling of love within you. Imagine that love rising and radiating throughout you. It’s just you, your heart, and the love in-between. Stay here as long as you want or have time for.
- Feel grateful for every breath and every heartbeat as your body becomes more peaceful and relaxed. Allow any thoughts that come to be OK as you refocus on your gratitude.
- Imagine the love and energy of your heart opening and expanding to the infinite love and wisdom of your Higher Self. Imagine and feel your Higher Self accepting the gift of your presence.
- Continue to breathe, relax, feel, and follow your breath as you feel your heart opening to your Higher Self. Stay here for as long as you want or have time for.
- End the meditation in gratitude for the gifts of love your heart, and Higher Self have shared. If you have time, journal your experience or epiphanies.
Remember that your connection to your Higher Self is always there; it’s just a matter of shifting your awareness to the Divine Within.
The practice of heartful meditation can take a few minutes to complete or go longer, depending on the amount of time you wish to spend. Play with it and make it your own!
As you begin to feel more loving, accepting, and peaceful within, the pathway of communication to your Higher Self becomes easier each time. Problems or challenges transform as you are reminded that you are always divinely supported and guided.
When you are in this state of awareness, the Higher Self can be felt (or sensed) in the body through the emotional language of higher vibrations such as unconditional love, peace, gratitude, compassion, forgiveness, reverence, and awe.
If you would like to learn more about the practice of Heartful Meditation and connecting with your Higher Self, check out my heart-led healing services and transformational books
May Peace be with you on your journey Within!